Thursday, December 13, 2007

Letter to Clara: Month One


Dear Clara,

Today you are one month old. While I feel like I was pregnant yesterday, life before loving you also seems like the distant past. The delight of feeling you kick inside of me is no comparison to the joy of seeing and knowing you as a cuddly little person.


I love watching you as you sleep and catching glimpses of your baby dreams as they swiftly pass across your face. You have smiled and giggled in your sleep since your first week and we eagerly waited to be the recipients of your sunny graces...and when you bestowed them, we were smitten anew!


In addition to smiling this month, you have also gotten your first tooth and begun babbling to us. You seem to have quite a bit to say if you have a captive audience that cheers you on (and descends into baby talk in an effort to elicit your response!)





You have made my world so much bigger. Yet, the world seems like a scarier place now. I watch the news and shudder to think that you are living in this fallen world. I pray each day that the Lord will draw you to Himself and that your sojourn here will be characterized by faithfulness to His calling.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Summer said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and precious - I remember falling in love with you and not being able to imagine my life before you arrived. Though we are blessed to know God's sovereignty and care for us and our children, you have now begun a new phase of life where you'll be concerned for Clara in ways that you've never felt concern before. Just know that we are praying with you for her and for you as her parents, as well.
P.S. More pictures, please!!