Wednesday, January 16, 2008

8 weeks old - Grampy and Grammy to the rescue


I didn't get any almost-naked baby pictures at 8 weeks. On January 2nd Nathan made me go to the ER because I was complaining of persistent abdominal pain and he was convinced it was appendicitis, which it was. On January 3rd I had an appendectomy and on the 4th my mom flew back to Houston to help us as I recovered. Providentially my dad was still in Houston on business and took wonderful care of Clara while I was in the hospital.

It was wonderful to see how Clara grew to recognize Grammy and Grampy. She smiled readily and babbled at them. Family is such a blessing!


2 comments:

Brink said...

Erin,
I am so sorry about your appendectomy but thankful that the problem is solved! Clara is precious, and it looks like y'all are doing so well. I hope that she sits still for you to read to her sooner than Annabelle--we are still having trouble with that! :)
Katy

Nana said...

I'm with Auntie Em - yeah! more pictures. I can tell Grampy and Grammy are having a great time! So sorry to hear about your surgery, but thankfully it happened after Clara was born - I was 4 months pregnant with Summer when I had an appendectomy, so we were real concerned until she was born healthy. We were so grateful. Hope your recovery went by quickly thanks to your parents pitching in - I'm sure you didn't have to beg them to come!!
Keep up the photos - she's changing so much.

Aunt Dotti