Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day two

The aquarium was great. It was in a building that used to be a sardine factory, so the architecture was very industrial.

These are black nettles. There was an amazing collection of different types of jellies. I had no idea that there were so many varieties! Also, did you know that jellies are considered plankton because they float with the currents?



The flowers were beautiful and were growing everywhere.

We went to a farmers' market on Tuesday evening. There was so much fresh produce I wished that we had a kitchen so that I could make dinner! We did buy some raspberries and they were some of the most amazing ones I have ever eaten! I could move to California if it weren't for the prices, politics, and the distance from family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...way too far from family, though we loved being there, too!