Monday, March 21, 2011

Things I don't want to forget

A few months ago when Nathan asked Clara what song she wanted to sing during family worship, she requested "Hallelujah, Praise Ja Tuba." We hadn't started Hebrew lessons yet....

Clara was being really silly and I told her she was a little nincompoop. She replied, in all seriousness, "Mommy, don't say 'poop', Mommy. It's rude."

Two weeks ago during family worship we were reviewing the catechism and were talking about Adam and Eve. She told us that they were not supposed to eat the fruit off of one tree, but they did; they sinned. When we asked her how God punished them, she said, "He made them lie down in green pastures." This is from our girl who doesn't like naps...

This week Clara asked to sing "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" during family worship and sang the entire first verse with us. She never sings a song all the way through with us, and it was very special to me because that was my Great-grandma Pszyk's favorite hymn.

Today, sitting outside eating her snack, Clara called to me "This little girl loves Jesus!"

During her bedtime snack I try to sit and talk to her and today we were talking about when she grows up. Apparently she is looking forward to giving herself her insulin shots and finger pricks. She also informed us that she will be living in Frodafrida - which is in Michigan, and is where Finger lives. When she is as old as Mommy she told me she will "Talk on the phone." She wants to have three babies - triplets - and their names will be Annabel, Mark, and Ryan.

7 comments:

Allison Mhoon said...

Love that little Clara! :) Thanks for sharing such sweet tidbits!

Anonymous said...

Awwww love you and miss you!!! i love hearing kids sing songs of worship it probably is my favorite part of my job! Can't wait to sing songs with Clara.
Uncle Geoff and Aunt Rachel

Hilda said...

What a sweetie. All of you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Any chance you'll be in Florida in July--would love to see you! Auntie Hilda

Grammy said...

You know that reading these warms the cockles of my heart! What a precious, marvelous girl she is!!
xoxoxox

mrswoodzi said...

Erin, the new picture of the girls (in the bluebonnets) is great - I can't wait to go to Brenham on Saturday. Also, those are some very funny stories from Miss. Clara!!
-Jessica

mrswoodzi said...

p.s. but the one I will NEVER forget is "yesvember"!

heidiann(e) said...

anabel, mark, and ryan.

can't wait to meet THOSE three!

;-)