Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

With our travels to both Michigan and Florida for the holidays, we were grateful to carve out a bit of time to spend time home together as a threesome. I fully anticipated that Nathan would be called into work on Christmas Eve, but he wasn't, so we spent the day together.

Our 'tradition' is to give Clara a Christmas book each year. Last year she received The Velveteen Rabbit and this year we gave her The Snowman. I have a couple more titles in mind that I know we will eventually give her, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

My favorite part of Christmas this year was doing Advent devotions together as a family. It was such a blessing to come together and light the candles and remember God's gift to us. Clara looked forward to this time each evening and when we told her it was time for devotions she would start blowing and running toward the table in anticipation of the lighting of the candles.

3 comments:

Hilda said...

She's a doll, Erin, and I'm so sorry I missed seeing her at Christmas. In the Christmas pictures, she looks like she should be the present under the tree. You are very blessed. Love, Auntie Hilda

Brink said...

Erin,
I love your tradition of giving a Christmas book to Clara each year. THE GRINCH is always a classic, and I grew up reading THE POLAR EXPRESS. You are probably familiar with that one; it has absolutely beautiful illustrations. And when she is much older, THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER is hysterical.

Anonymous said...

She is a doll, a good book would be Brighty of the Grand Canyon in later years.