Sunday, September 25, 2011

Memorial Day

IMG_2436IMG_2437IMG_2438IMG_2441IMG_2446

5/30/11

Memorial Day was a wonderful family day.  We started the morning with our ‘special day’ breakfast of Dunkin’ Donuts and then went blueberry picking.  The farm was having a special event because of the holiday, so the girls got to see a pony and rabbits.  Elisabeth loved the rabbits and would follow them as they moved around the pen. We stopped at Walmart and picked up a kiddie pool on the way home, which has been a hit for the entire summer.  I had actually gone to pick one up earlier, but the one that I purchased would not fit in the trunk.  The family parked next to me tried to help me maneuver it into the trunk and then helped me carry it back to the garden center.  This episode made such an impression on Clara that she still talks about the pool that did not fit into our trunk! That evening Nathan and I also had the opportunity to go on an anniversary date.  5 years!  It is hard to believe how time has flown by!  We enjoyed a special meal at Taste of Texas – a place we have been told to visit since we moved here!  Better late than never!

No comments: