Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trip to Orlando

We went to Orlando for my birthday for a few days in late June.  Our trip included the announcement to my side of the family that Baby #2 was on the way, early morning pool time with Clara, and Clara’s first visit to the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_1985 6/24/09

You can see here that Clara’s eyes are still sleepy and I waded in my pajamas.  I think she may have asked to get in the pool even before she had breakfast!

IMG_1994 

6/24/09

My mom noticed Clara’s ‘Big Sister’ shirt almost immediately.  My grandma, however, didn’t see it right away…  There was lots of excitement at the announcement!

IMG_1999 6/25/09

Clara made herself right at home with the ‘vintage’ toys my mom had saved from my sister and I.  Yes, the tractor was mine.  I had a fascination with tractors, though I don’t think it quite rivals Clara’s obsession with airplanes!

Magic Kingdom

IMG_2032

6/26/09

We went to the Magic Kingdom on my birthday.  Fortunately, after growing up in Orlando, I had fairly realistic expectations for what a 19 month old could handle and we planned to stay until naptime and then return to the park after dinner.  I didn’t quite remember how packed the park could be in June…  Lines and toddlers don’t mix well and ‘Wait, this will be fun once we get there in (fill in 45-90 minute wait time)’ didn’t have much clout as an suitable explanation.  We had a fun day, Clara had a nap, and the fireworks were definitely the highlight of the visit.

IMG_2008

IMG_2012 IMG_2019 

IMG_2023

Enjoying the fireworks…She was laughing at them!

No comments: